Arrival, Dismissal and Collection of Children Policy
Please note the current arrival and dismissal procedures in place due to COVID19.
All changes are noted in RED.
HAND SANITISING and SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES WILL CONTINUE ON ENTRY AND EXIT TO SCHOOL PREMISES.
GOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES TO BE KEPT UP DURING THE SCHOOL DAY.
* Entry into school in the morning is via the double middle gate where Mrs Stevenson and/or a member of the senior management team will be ready to greet you from 8.30am.
|Reception/Yr 1 & 2||
|Year 3 & 4||
|Year 5 & 6||
7:30am onwards through the middle gate using the bell system.
* If you arrive before 8.30am you may choose to use the Breakfast Club facilities located in the school hall. Breakfast Club starts from 7.30am and is supervised by trained staff members.
* No children must be left unaccompanied on the school premises.
* All other exits/entrances will be securely locked.
* Children in Reception may go into the Early Years rooms from 8.30am where a member of staff will greet them.
* Reception children can choose to go into the main playground if they wish, where there is also a member of staff on duty from 8.30am.
* In the Summer Term all Reception children are expected to go into the playground in preparation for Year 1.
* Children can engage in activities in the classroom until the bell is rung, ready for registration and the start of the school day.
* Children play in the Early Years Area with the Year 1 children where a member of staff is on duty until the bell rings around 8:50am.
* Children go into the playground where there is a member of staff on duty from 8.30am until the bell is rung at 8.45am.
When it is wet the member of staff on duty will take all pupils into the School Hall.
* Children will be collected from the playground at 8.45am by their class teacher and escorted to their classroom for registration.
* Year 2 children go into the playground within their bubble zone until the bell is rung.
* Year 3 & 4 children go into the playground within their bubble zone until the bell is rung.
* Year 5 & 6 children go into the playground within their bubble zone until the bell is rung.
Members of staff are on duty within each bubble.
If the weather is wet, pupils will go straight to their classroom on entry to the school.
Telephone messages left on the answer phone are listened to and emails read at regular intervals during the day.
If your child is ill, please email or telephone the school before 8.45am on the first day of absence. Parents must give the school a reason for absence at the earliest opportunity.
If parents have not made contact on the first day to explain an absence the school will attempt to make contact via the following methods:
* Firstly by telephone using the parental contact numbers supplied
* Then by email
If no contact is made then all emergency phone numbers for the child will be called.
If there is still no contact made then our safeguarding procedures will be followed and contact will be made with Surrey Children's Services.
Collection of Children
* Arrangements for collection of children should be noted with telephone numbers in your child’s home message book/homework diary or homework folder.
* All home message books in the Early Years and Lower School are checked daily for any changes in persons collecting.
* Any changes are noted down in the class day book.
* By the time children reach the Upper School they have the responsibility of showing their class teacher any messages in their homework diaries.
Pupils in Year 5 and 6 do not have a homework diary so please email the office/relevant teacher or send in a letter to let the school know about any collection changes.
* If your child needs to be collected during school hours because of sickness or a medical appointment then you must ring on the front door bell and wait for security reasons in the porch area for your child to be fetched by a member of staff and then handed over to you.
* Parents must sign their child out when collected during school hours.
* The children will be dismissed via the middle gate by one by one by a member of the Early Years team.
Year 1- Year 4
* Year 1 - The children will be dismissed via the middle gate by their class teacher and handed over to a known adult at 3.20pm.
* Year 2 - The children will be dismissed via the middle gate by their class teacher and handed over to a known adult at 3.20pm.
* Year 3 & 4 - The children will be dismissed via the middle gate by their class teacher and handed over to a known adult at 3.30pm.
Year 5 & 6
* The children will be dismissed from the front door one by one by their class teacher at 3.30pm.
* Year 6 children are allowed to walk home to encourage independence and road safety but only with parents written permission. This then needs to be signed off by Mrs Stevenson.
|Reception/Year 1 & 2||
Reception & Year 1
|Year 3 & 4||
|Year 5 & 6||
|After School Care||Parents to ring the middle double gate bell to collect|
Should you wish to speak to a teacher then please wait until all the other children have been dismissed.
At this present time we kindly ask that you book an appointment if you wish to meet with a member of staff. All meetings will be held in the Library or Computer Room areas.
The last teacher to go back through the middle gate after dismissing will lock it. All other arrivals and dismissals will be via the front door.
Please do phone the school and leave a message if you know you are going to be late to collect.
We can only dismiss to known parents or adults you have informed us about.
In the event of a person arriving at school to collect a child that has not been planned (it is unforeseen or in an emergency situation), the following steps must be taken. Firstly, the person must be asked to wait outside or be accompanied by a member of staff to the school office. The person will be asked to confirm which child/children they are requesting to collect, give their full name and show some form of identification. A member of office staff will phone the parent/carer to confirm the arrangements before handing over the child/ren.
Entry and exit to the out of school care facilities is by ringing the door bell at the middle double gate where a member of staff will greet you.
If your child attends an after school club then they will be dismissed by the teacher running the club following the school’s dismissal procedures.
Procedure when a child is not collected
* Member of staff to inform the school office staff who will also inform the Headteacher.
* Check Home Message Book for any messages concerning collection.
* Check phone and email messages.
* Contact parents to inform them that their child has not been collected and to make arrangements for this.
* Whilst doing this the child will wait with a member of the office staff, making sure they are occupied, safe and allay any fears if they are upset or panicked.
* If parent is unable to be contacted, further calls to be made to KNOWN grandparents, carers or other emergency numbers held on file.
In this case a message will be left on the parents phone (or posted through door) to inform them where their child is,
* If none of above are contactable a member of the office staff will look after child/ren until eventual collection.
* Surrey Children's Services will be informed.