Terms & Conditions
Completion and receipt of the Registration Form and current registration fee (non-returnable) places your child on the class list for entry to the School.
A waiting list procedure operates dependent on demand.
A confirmation fee of £750 is required to reserve a place at Westward School (Reception – Year 6) following offer of a place.
This sum is held by the School and returned after the child’s last term (minus any extras accrued) providing notice is correctly given and acknowledged.
A full term's notice in writing is required if a child leaves the School, otherwise a full term's fees become payable in lieu.
Notice will not be accepted after the first day of term.
Notice is not required for those in the final term of Year 6.
If the confirmed place is NOT taken up the fee is non-returnable.
On receipt of the confirmation fee a School contract will be issued, to be signed by parent or guardian and returned to the School office.
Termly accounts are issued from the Bursar via email at the end of the previous term.
- BACS is our preferred method of payment – Bank details can be found on all invoices.
Other methods of payment accepted:
- Cheque (payable to Westward School or Paradigm Educational Limited)
- A School Fee Plan of your choice – please ask our office for further details.
- Childcare Vouchers for Childcare, Please do not set up monthly instalments directly into our account; these should only be redeemed to pay the appropriate part of termly invoices.
Late payments will incur a minimum charge of £50. A £35 fee will be levied for returned cheques.
We reserve the right to exclude your child if fees remain unpaid.
EARLY YEARS FREE ENTITLEMENT (3 AND 4 YEAR OLDS)
Westward is a registered setting with Surrey County Council.
Each setting offers individual session times and costs.
Westward is a TERMTIME ONLY setting, offering 35wks Universal Entitlement (15hrs) for the 2017/18 academic year.
In the event of Free Early Education Entitlement funding being reclaimed by Surrey County Council, for any reason, the reclaimed amount will be payable to the School as an outstanding charge.
(i.e. if you use entitlement hours during the Summer holiday with another setting you may find this is reclaimed by Surrey from the Autumn entitlement which, inturn, will be payable to the school as an outstanding charge)
All children wishing to take up their free entitlement provision at Westward will be contracted to a MINIMUM of five mornings (8.30-12.00) or three full days (8.30 - 3.00).
Any additional 'top up' or services will be charged at the current termly rate.
There are no free entitlement sessions in the afternoon.
Parents are reminded that the School’s participation in the free entitlement provision is subject to change.
Any extra curricular activities will be invoiced accordingly. Notice of half a term is required for withdrawal. Class workshops, outings, music lessons etc cannot be refunded in the event of your child’s absence through holidays, illness etc.
Your child is covered by the School’s liability insurance and Reception to Year 6 by the Pupils’ Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (Marsh Ltd).
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED BY SCHOOL OFFICE
- Copy of birth certificate or passport following sight of original document
- Signed Home-School Agreement
- Signed CONFIDENTIAL/HEALTH/DIETARY/EMERGENCY information
- Signed consent forms for photography, staff portfolios, web site, advertising etc.
- Absence/holiday requests
- Medication to be administered
- Change of address or contact numbers
- Preferable email address for various communications, i.e., class notices, newsletters etc.
HOME – SCHOOL AGREEMENT
This document details the responsibilities expected from the School, the pupil and the pupil’s family and is signed on a termly basis. Copies may be viewed on the web site or the School office.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
The School does not undertake to diagnose dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties but will contact you if we have any concerns and will suggest possible assessment procedures if you so wish.